National Girlfriend and Sister’s Week
I am only as strong as the coffee I drink, the hairspray I use and the friends I have.
To the cool women who have touched my life. Here’s to you!
It is good to be a woman:
1. We got off the Titanic first.
2. We can scare male bosses with the mysterious gynecological disorder excuses.
3. Taxis stop for us.
4. We don’t look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
5. No fashion faux pas we make, could ever rival the Speedo.
6. We don’t have to pass gas to amuse ourselves.
7. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
8. We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her rear end.
9. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
10. We have the ability to dress ourselves.
11. We can talk to the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.
12. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we are aware that we will look like an idiot.
13. We will never regret piercing our ears.
14. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
15. We can make comments about h ow silly men are in their presence because they aren’t listening anyway.
When 2/3 of your shifts are float shifts……I might as well be a med/surg nurse. On the plus side, my hospice patient did not die. (good for me, not so much for her 😦 )
Today is my Grandma’s birthday…..So, today the post is in honor of her! I love you Gram!!!!
Yeehaw! Grey’s is back tonite! And for 2 glorious hours!!!! You’ll know where to find me.
So, I ended up floating at work last night. It’s actually a bit more complicated and devious (on the part of the hospital) than I care to get into, but suffice it to say, I ended up on the medical floor be “officially” oriented to med/surg. It was a long ass night. And for some reason, I was so incredibly emotional last night. I think that sleep deprivation plus hormone whacking drugs produced a volatile situation. I literally cried in my car on the way to work, cried in the med room at work, and almost cried after talking with the supervisor at work. I am so usually not like that. I work again tonite (boo hiss), with the consolation that I shouldn’t have to float, but then again, maybe I will too. It’s a crap shoot. But then I get tomorrow off! Yippee! Unfortunately, the brainchild in the staffing office scheduled me a day shift on Wed, so I’ll be right back again. Oh well. I look forward to tomorrow. I hope you all had a great weekend and hopefully next time I decide to write here, I’ll be a little more chipper!